Working Holiday Starter Pack
Start your Working Holiday year with a week of fun, Aussie spirit and awesome people! If you’re after a foot in the door to a great time, job assistance, meeting new travellers and getting your head around the Aussie way of life, our starter pack is for you.
Come join us for a week filled with fun activities, heaps of practical information and like-minded people!
City Walk & Welcome Dinner
When you arrive in Sydney our rep will be waiting for you at the airport. We’ll direct you to our shuttle bus and you’ll be driven directly to our accommodation at WakeUp. WakeUp is voted the best backpacker hostel in Australia. Everything is pre-arranged so your check-in will be easy. Our week starts with a fun day of city sightseeing where we visit Darling Harbour, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. Get to know your new mates! Tonight we visit our favourite party bar for our Welcome Dinner.
Shared dinner & drink included.
Info Session & Sydney Harbour Cruise
At our work and travel information session, we’ll explain everything you need to know about working and travelling in Australia. Then we jump on UltimateOz Catamaran ‘Rockfish’ for a cruise on Sydney Harbour. Spend the day cruising, swimming and chilling on Sydney Harbour!
BBQ lunch included.
Today we head to hidden getaway at UltimateOz Basecamp for 3-days and 2-nights of fun by the beach. Located north of Sydney on the coast, UltimateOz Basecamp has stunning beaches, amazing sand dunes and loads of Aussie wildlife including dolphins, whales, koalas, parakeets, echidnas and possums. Our dorm accommodation is 5-minutes walk to the beach and home to Josie, our kangaroo!
Pizza dinner included.
Sandboarding & Bush Walk
Today we jump in the 4WDs and ride to the highest dunes to try sandboarding! Then it’s time to chill at the beach before lunch. That afternoon we take a guided bush walk through Tomaree National Park to our favourite lookout. Enjoy stunning scenery, breathtaking views and get the chance to see koalas in the treetops and migrating whales (May – November). Tonight we enjoy an Aussie BBQ dinner and drinks around the campfire.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner incl.
We take an amazing dolphin watching cruise and get up close to wild bottlenose dolphins. There’s also a chance to see turtles and whales. Relax on deck or ride in the boom net while dolphins swim underneath. Enjoy a lunch of Aussie fish & chips before heading back to Sydney where you’ll check back into WakeUp.
Get dressed up for a fun night on the Ultimate Party Pub Crawl. We visit some hot spots in the city – VIP express entry and a couple of free drinks along the way!
Some drinks included.
Bondi to Coogee Beach Tour
Today we take a tour along Sydney’s cliff-top coastline from Coogee to Bondi and check out six beautiful beaches along the way. It’s the perfect way to unwind after an awesome first week in Sydney!
So what’s included?
- 5-nights at WakeUp Sydney, one of the world’s best hostels and right in the heart of the city
- 2-nights at Basecamp, 5min walk from the beach
- Welcome briefing, city tour & welcome dinner
- Group info session
- Private Sydney Catamaran Cruise with BBQ
- Sandboarding & 4WD tour
- Mt Tomaree Lookout
- Beach Bonfire & Stargazing
- Dolphin Cruise
- Sydney Party Night
- Coastal & beach walk
Jobs & Training
- 12-months access to Travellers At Work, our in-house recruitment agency
- Bar Skills Course at our showcase bar
- RSA certificate (valid in QLD, NT, WA, SA)
- Individual support with writing your resume, applications, tax refunds etc.
- Advice on seasons & any certificate necessary
Working Holiday Essentials
- Dedicated tour leaders & office crew to help with anything you need
- Aussie bank account pre-arranged, card ready for collection when you arrive
- Tax Number arranged
- Free SIM card
- 12-months mail service (access your mail online or have it forwarded)
- Free WiFi, unlimited during office hours
- Airport Transfer pre-arranged for a smooth arrival
- Return transfer to Ultimate Basecamp
- Welcome dinner
- BBQ lunch on the catamaran
- 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch at Basecamp
- Free welcome drink at the pub crawl
- International airfares
- Travel Insurance
- Visa to enter Australia – see here for more information